** The HC may edit this at any time and members are encouraged to check this document periodically.
CURRENT WARNING, KICK, and BAN POLICY (Updated 07/12/2020)
First offense: Verbal Warning.
- The Admin issuing the warning should be sure to record the verbal warning, what was the specific offense, and when it happened. If you send the warning by DM, please take Screenshot and place it with all this information in our #ban-list-and-details-log channel
Second Offense: Kick
- Record the same information as to why the person was Kicked in our #ban-list-and-details-log channel ... You can make it clear that they can return, but this is an official 2nd warning.
Third Offense: TempBan
- Depending on the offense the time of being banned can be determined by the admin who caught the offense and issued the TempBan. You can use !TempBan and the bots will assist in banning the person for an "X" amount of time. This is a new policy for us so if there are issues with the bots in using this command then please let me know ... And, of course, the Admin should record the warning in our #ban-list-and-details-log channel as to the time frame decided and why the Ban was issued.
Fourth and Final Offense: Perma Ban
- After all other warnings have been issued or if the offense is so bad that we cannot allow the person to come back into our discord, the perma Ban can be used. Please use your best judgement when deciding the offense is so bad that the person should be perma banned with no other warnings ... Again, the Admin should record the Ban and reason in our #ban-list-and-details-log channel
Officers may also Mute members that are being disruptive in Voice Chat and even Disconnect them from the voice channel if the Member does not stop. Then the Officers may kick those members from our discord AFTER a Verbal warning has been issued. Officers may also initiate a Dispute Process (see below) in the event of a conflict between members.
HC/AC members may ban members from our Discord server skipping all warning steps if the offense is seen to be something we have zero tolerance for and will not allow back into our server. Otherwise, all AC/HC should try to follow the defined process stated above. HC/AC members also oversee all management aspects of the community as a whole.
If at any time an officer or HC member feels you are out of line or at risk of a ban, they may kick you from the channel or chat with a warning. The officer or HC member should be clear with you about why you were kicked.
The following are Voice channel moderation and possible kickable offenses:
- Disruptive Poor mic quality
- Disruptive Excessive volume (yelling)
- Disruptive Excessive profanity
- Disruptive unrelated discussion
- Disruptive Excessive use of CAPS LOCK
- Disruptive Spam
All bans also qualify for kick depending on severity. If any officer sees a member who is engaging in a bannable offense, they should report the member to an HC/AC member, at which point the HC/AC member may initiate a ban. HC Vote is required for a ban unless the ban is required to protect the integrity of the server (e.g. the server is being spammed).
The following are bannable offenses:
- Muted, banned, or otherwise flagged by Battle.net / Blizzard (if you feel this has been done
- Cheating in game or during any match/tournament we may hold
- Racism and blatant disrespect to any Admin or member of the Legion community
- Intentional spamming of chat, voice, or forum after warnings
If a member habitually seeks to harm or intimidate another member through chat or call interactions, this will be viewed by the officers and HC as bullying and is a bannable offense.
If a member occasionally pokes fun at another member in good spirit and both members are having fun, this can be considered trolling and is not a bannable offense. If you want another member to stop trolling you, just tell them to stop trolling you. If they keep trolling you after you have asked them to stop, this may be considered bullying.
- Excessive politics, profanity, racism, sexism, any(ism) after warnings. Endangering members with misinformation or threats. If you get into an argument with someone about anything take it to a private chat.
- Failure to successfully resolve dispute process (specified below) with any other member.
- Failure to adhere to rules after 2 or more kicks
If any member has a dispute with another member, or if two or more officers feel a dispute process is needed for members, the following protocol should be followed...
1) Contact an officer about the dispute. The officer will pull you into a private chat with the member.
2) In the private chat, state your dispute. The officer will then ask the other member to state their side of the story.
3) The officer will consult with other officers if needed, and will offer a resolution where you can both get along. The officer will ask you both to agree to the resolution.
4) If both members don't agree to the resolution, the officer will paste the private chat logs (of above steps 1-3) or give a summary of the dispute to the Advisory Council and High Council.
5) The AC & HC members may offer a new resolution, or ban one or both members.
If you feel you have been wrongly banned, you may contact an AC or HC member to submit your appeal. In your appeal, clearly explain why you feel you were wrongly banned, and if you feel there is anywhere you can improve as a member of the community please also include that information.
We are open to appeals when needed. Posting the Appeal on our forum would be best to explain in detail why a Ban should be lifted and to present their case for that person in a clear way for us to review. An Appeal can also be DM'ed to an Admin as explained above by DMing an HC or AC member, but then it would be up to that Admin to relay it to the rest of the AC and HC to vote and discuss it.
An officer may submit your appeal to the AC & HC, at which point the AC/HC will decide whether to lift the ban.