Suggestion on Welcome Messages

• Should we change our Welcome message protocol? 5

1. Create a Welcome channel that is separate from our General channel where no chatting happens which would have links to the COC and the message itself would explain the Trial. Using the reaction role bot, ppl select they agree then will be given the trial. (5) 100%
    2. Stop the public welcome message and have it sent as a DM only to the newcomer and just have a simple "Welcome to the server so and so" posted in the General to indicate a new member (0) 0%
    3. Don't change a thing. Leave it as is for now. (0) 0%
    4. Other ideas: Post in comments below (0) 0%

This was suggested by Alternity and it has been something many of us have seen in other discords.

What was suggested is that we stop the Welcome Message that gets posted to new members in General chat as it tends to break up any conversation that may be happening in there.

Here is a couple options we can consider:

1) We stop the public welcome message and have it sent as a DM only to the newcomer and just have a simple "Welcome to the server so and so" posted in the General to indicate a new member ... Only downside that I can see is that we would not know if the bot screws up at any point and the peeps stop getting the message.

2) We can create a Welcome channel that is separate from our General channel where no chatting happens. The Welcome channel is the channel all new people start in with a welcome message in there and in order to proceed into the rest of our discord that have to click on a reaction to indicate that they agree with our COC and understand the Trial Membership. We would have links to the COC and the message itself would explain the Trial. Using the reaction role bot we can have it setup to block all of our discord until they click the reaction stating they agree then the roles would be given to them to see and use our discord.

3) We don't change anything and leave it as it is ... If its not broken then why fix it?

Please make your vote below. I would like to get the AC on this as well but the poll is only visible to the HC here. So I will see how you all feel and go from there. Anyone can suggest any other ideas in the comments below if you have any thoughts.

• Looks like 4 votes so far for the new Welcome channel option. I will leave this up (mainly because I cannot close it) just in case anyone still needs to vote.

I am creating a Poll voting channel for only AC and up in discord so they can be included on these matters that we have pre-voted upon.