Legion History

• Legion History:

I figured this would be an interesting place where everyone from the previous Legion can share their history - and we can document a maps to our origins, and what we are evolving into.

Darigaz, Alternity, Bullseye, Smoke, Sevimos (et. all).... Could you please provide us some information, if and when you have time?

• The original founding was 2001 or 2002, in the clan era where Overdosed and Dark Legion and Silent Knights were also growing. These were all classical clan models with military ranks, and based on starcraft primarily. The original founders were Jubilant(now alternity), Darigaz, and OutKast

We used OverDoSed clan scripts which was basically an oldschool clan website.

After a few years we expanded in css, cs1.6, warcraft 3, maplestory, and a few others over time. This was especially true as we transitioned to vBulletin forum software instead of using the out dated clan script.

We grew slowly over time, emphasizing manual recruitment to build a strong member base, and had a few occasions where other clans merged with us.

At some point we disbanded for maybe six months, not sure exactly when.

Over the years there were a few drama situations or groups who decided to faction of and form their own clans, but we simply persevered and kept growing regardless of any BS which inevitably rises to the surface.

Around 2010 we formed a casual ish pro team called Team Legion, and sort of organically it grew into one of the strongest pro teams on sc2. We had NA players, Mexican players, and Korean players. You can see the liquipedia for that project here

Later FXOpen Forex made an offer to our players which we could not turn down, and they also wanted to merge the forum boards with Team FXO, and basically we would become the community wing of FXO.

A handful of members got upset about this (bear in mind that every single step in this process received community votes and feedback), and we had a faction of members who left to form their own community(s).

Then FXO disbanded their pro team segment. The community sort of became inactive at this point because we were in low morale, and due to life circumstances i just decided to stop putting effort into it and didn't have the energy to build from the ground again.

There are a ton of old documents and stuff typed up for the clan which are way out of date and outright silly on many fronts. But keep in mind the clan was founded when we were around 13 years old, and grew as we grew through our teenage years. Ill try to come back to this thread and update it with some of the old clan stuff.

• Thanks, Darigaz!

Hey man, if we can just keep it just enough - we can weather the storms.

Life happens, etc. - but I think the key at this point is establishing something with continuity.

We are building, it is ebb and flow... and if you need help - just ask (you know this buddy).

• For sure. This time we aren't going anywhere. I'll be back here later with some of the cheesy old clan docs.

• I came in around 2007 ish.. My wife joined up as well. I was a TF2 and CS player. Later became the server admins for all gamesevers and part of the MP (forum police), and later server admin for that too. I was there all the way up to the end last time. Honestly, I never even took the tag off TF2 or CS...

• wow... after reading Darigaz's post I can't help but think "was it really that long ago?"

I guess it would be and I am blown away about that fact. I am not all that great with dates but I will do my best.

My history with pc gaming in general has always been around community and teamwork. I've never considered myself a pro but I always enjoy a good game.

My background: 2001 or 2002 I started playing Halo 1 on PC. My brother and I gamed together in multiplayer maps all the time. This was the first time we discovered Clans. We started our own clan (AoY) and joined a Klanwars league. We played for at least a couple years just in Halo until hacking was out of control and popularity was dying. We disbanded.

LEGION HISTORY: after a while I got into CS:S. I believe it was during those early times I was recruited by the legion. I wanna say it was 2007 or 2008 when I joined up. I played mainly in the CS:S group and a bit with TF2. I also played in other games like left4dead.

I got into running the TL Radio when I moved up in ranks within the Legion. I worked with TL Josh back then and eventually took over for him towards the end.

I remember around 2010 or so TL tried to take on a Minecraft section which I tried to help run. Some BS came up and disagreements happened. I believe this was when (or just before) the FXO merger happened. A group in CS:S also broke off in their own direction and I also left around that time to run my own Mincraft server and website as AoYGaming. It lasted for a few years then I had to cut ties with some of those people and a guy I knew since my Halo days who was very toxic.

I shut my server down at that point and I haven't been part of a gaming group since. Just recently wanted to get back into it when Darigaz hit me up.

I'm excited to see this grow and want to put some work into it. Together we can make The Legion great again. Lol ;-)

• The original founding was 2001 or 2002, in the clan era where Overdosed and Dark Legion and Silent Knights were also growing. These were all classical clan models with military ranks, and based on starcraft primarily. The original founders were Jubilant(now alternity), Darigaz, and OutKast

We used OverDoSed clan scripts which was basically an oldschool clan website.

I used to be in overdosed haha. Those were good times....the reason i'm in this clan and sticking around is because it reminds me of overdosed tbh. Just with lower ranked players...but some day some of you will surpass me ;)

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O