Movie reviews

• Hello Everyone,

I would like to start a movie review section where we can share movies we have loved over the years, recommending them to the youngsters, and discussing new movies that you have just seen.

Most movies I watch are action, intense, horror, comedy, syfy, and sometimes a drama but not often.

I just signed up on a movie going service so I plan to see a lot of newer movies soon that are in theaters still and post on them.

Good TV shows, Netflix, Hulu, and prime are also allowed to be discussed.

Have fun and share your favorite flick!

• The next movie I am planning to see other than Captain Marvel (I know, I am lame for not seeing it yet) and Shazam is the movie "US"

I really enjoyed "Get Out" and even turned it on a few times at home on some movie channels. "US" was 100% on Rotten Tomatoes then fell to a 94% after it came out ... Audiences seem to go either way on it. It has a 7.1 on IMDB and an Audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes of 68% .. Not great.

I think it looks good and I am going in thinking positively on the experience. I am pretty good at dodging spoilers on anything I haven't seen so I hope to see this movie soon and report back on it officially.

• The next movie I am planning to see other than Captain Marvel (I know, I am lame for not seeing it yet) and Shazam is the movie "US"

I really enjoyed "Get Out" and even turned it on a few times at home on some movie channels. "US" was 100% on Rotten Tomatoes then fell to a 94% after it came out ... Audiences seem to go either way on it. It has a 7.1 on IMDB and an Audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes of 68% .. Not great.

I think it looks good and I am going in thinking positively on the experience. I am pretty good at dodging spoilers on anything I haven't seen so I hope to see this movie soon and report back on it officially.

its worth watching but was underwhelmed with Us. Ill leave it at that and we can discuss more after youve seen it

• ... as long as people don't be like my buddy Joe - who when we went out to grab a bite and a pint ruined Star Wars Episode VII - as I was talking to a couple who were just reviewing (generally) as I waited weeks to see it. (LOL... I do this so the theater was thin... literally living under a rock to avoid spoliers)... and he seemingly occupied with hot bartenders - out of nowhere yells "Oh, Han bites it!"...

Fuckin' Joe!

Don't be Joe...

• Love hearing about other people's favorite movies and finding a gem that you would of found otherwise. this is dope! Some of my favorites off the top of my head: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998) Kill Bill Series (2003-2004) A Bronx Tale (1993) Narcos (Netflix Original) Belly (1998) Green Street Hooligans(2005) The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984).

• Dude... welcome to the Smoke and I club... except I hadn't watched "The Pope of Greenwich Village (1984)".

A different times, now, the workers want to sift... the captains, S.B.A.W... whether we are captain anywhere or not.

• Well, I wish I had a good review to report on Captain Marvel but I do not... (I try not to provide any spoilers but just be warned there might be a small bit. I will mark the section I believe to be a "spoiler" just in case so I do not ruin anything for anyone.)

Please know, I am a huge Marvel Comics fan and I have loved most of the recent Marvel movies they have been putting out.

The first half (maybe) of the movie was great. Started strong and I was ready for the origin story... Then it took a turn and tumbled down a rough hill.

The main thing I was most impressed with was the CGI technology used to make Samuel Jackson look young again. That was almost flawless in my opinion but when they had a scene with Nick Fury running I could not help but laugh at due to the way he was still running like an old ass man.

This movie seemed forced, tried to move quickly, and failed at building a story for Captain Marvel that grabs the audience. Even though I LOVE most the Marvel movies, I would have to say this was a "Swing and a Miss". If you have not seen the film then save yourself the money and wait for it to come out on Netflix or some other service. I doubt this story will have any real impact on the Avengers End Game movie besides who she is as a character.

(My brother and I have a theory that in End Game she will be taken out right away by Thanos so she can not just fly in and save the day... But we will see.)

That's my take-away on this movie. Please feel free to comment and let me know if you thought the same thing or something different.

• Hey everyone,

Sorry it took me a while to post up on my review but here it is:

The movie "Us"

Since I liked the movie "Get Out" I did go in hoping for the movie "Us'' to be a good film and in my opinion it was pretty good. It was indeed very Artistic and overall done pretty well. There were a few scenes and some characters that were a bit "silly", but the acting by the main character played by Lupita Nyong'o was very well done.

Overall, I would rate this movie a 4 out of 5 stars or a 8.5 out of 10 lol (whichever scale you wanna use).

Please feel free to give your feedback on it in return. This review is just what I recall from my experience. I did not hate the film and enjoyed my time in watching it.